Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Abu Dhar's Advice

Abu Dhar Al-Ghifaariy once say among a group of people and said to them "My friend advised me to do seven things:

1.) He asked me to love the poor and to get closer to them

2.) He asked me to look to those who are inferior and not to those who are superior.

3.) He asked me to never ask anyone for anything (to abstain from begging).

4.) He asked me to be kind to my relatives.

5.) He asked me to say the truth, no matter how sour it may be.

6.) He asked me to never be afraid of a critic's censure.

7.) And he asked me to frequently say, "There is no power nor might except ALLAH'S.

What a great companion he was Masha'Allah. It was narrated that he lived up to these seven advises with his full might and lived life accordingly. May Allah grant him and those who followed him Janatul Firdows, Ameen.

1 comment: